Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Failure

I tried to write of peace, but it's been sacrificed for hatred.
I tried to write of love, but it's been slaughtered along with sympathy and humanity.
I spent nights trying to write of life, but it's led by an earthly force and a non ending misery.
I tried to write of those who smile and still live, ignoring that the ladder burns as they climb.
I tried to write of fun, but even money can buy it no more.
I tried to write of blood bonds, but it's shedding and none is blinking.
I tried to write of friendship, then I looked around; they only left the echoes of their thoughts glancing.
I tried to write of war, but the scars are too deep and I yearn for life.
I tried to write of laughter, but joy has been sold and even tears have been forbidden.
I tried to write of desire, but it's never been tamed, nor has it been unleashed.
I tried to write of compassion, but it's been drowned in a river of lies.
I tried to write of pain, then I sensed the ache of children and leaned to the ground.
I tried to write of rainbows, of colors and childhood, but it all turned black while kids became soldiers at the horizon.
I tried to speak of God, but in His name they kill...used to and always will
I tried to speak of Religion, but I'm too small to be attacked on my own.
I tried to speak of freedom...then I wiped the dust off my prison cell.
I tried to speak of wisdom, but fools speak louder.
I tried to speak of family, of blessings and sacredness, but betrayal defeated them all.
I tried to speak of triumph, then celebrated on my own.
I tried to speak of sorrow, but I've heard mothers mourning their sons from the grave.
I tried to speak of rights, then I stumbled upon the cuffs chaining my feet.
I tried to speak of madness, then I woke up to the laughs of a tyrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment